Thursday, June 12, 2014

Overwhelm me LORD


Until the time came to fulfill his dreams,
    the Lord tested Joseph’s character.  Psalm 105:19 NLT

You overwhelm me with your faithfulness.
You overwhelm me with your love.
You overwhelm me with your blessings
that flows from Heaven above.

You surround me with your presence.
You consume me with your fire.
You, my Lord are
my heart’s only desire.

Your holiness compels me.
Your faithfulness endures.
Your grace restores me,
to the place I knew before

Your mercies renew me.
Your joy gives me strength.
Your peace consoles me.
It is you that I adore.

 I will not fall in the face of this storm.
I will stand tall knowing that my roots are firm.
I’m grounded in your promises.
You are my refuge and my strength;
and through it all, I will stand tall.

The winds howl.
The storm rages.
Doubts fill my head.
But I know that with you on my side,
I have nothing to dread. 
 
I rest assured.
Knowing, I’m grounded in your word.
You are my refuge.
My place of power
in this midnight hour.

I see the streaks of your Glory.
A new day is dawning.
I lift my hands in praise; knowing
that I will stand tall.
I will never fall;
because I‘m grounded in the promises
of your Amazing Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment