Tuesday, July 1, 2014

There's A Hole in Your Bucket...Fix it!

Last week I read a devotional from Kim Potter at  A New Thing Ministries, about the "tipping point."  (Check out the link and sign up for her daily devotional, you will be blessed!)
Kim spoke of how she was given a fountain that had a little cup that would fill up with water and when it was full, it would tip over and pour out in abundance.  As I was reading this the Holy Spirit spoke to me about the saturation point before a flood.
We have had an abundance of rain lately and many areas are under a Flood Warning.  He spoke to me that the flood comes when the ground becomes so saturated that it can no longer absorb any more water. 
leaky-bucket-5839431_revamp.jpgI meditated on the saturation point and then today, I was praying about the tipping point and asking the Lord as to when that would be, because I know my husband and I had been faithfully tithing and sowing and I was confused as to why we hadn't experience our "tipping point."
I no sooner asked the question, and I heard a song from my childhood, "there's a hole in the bucket, Dear Liza, Dear Liza, there's a hole in the bucket, Dear Liza, a hole."  To which Liza sings back, "well, fix it Dear Henry, Dear Henry, Dear Henry, well fix it Dear Henry, Dear Henry, fix it!"  They continue to sing back and forth and end up realizing that in the end, they need a bucket without a hole.
A big ole light bulb turned on in my Spirit and I remembered that the Word addresses this issue in Haggai 1:6 NLT:
You have planted much but harvest little. You eat but are not satisfied. You drink but are still thirsty. You put on clothes but cannot keep warm. Your wages disappear as though you were putting them in pockets filled with holes!
The Lord was angered that the children of Israel had seen to their homes as the Lord's Temple lie in ruins.  They immediately repented and began the task of rebuilding the Temple.
I just love it when the Lord uses practical experiences to get His point across.  It made me realize that if I wasn't experiencing the tipping point, then the problem wasn't on God's end, it was on mine.  There was a hole in my bucket and I needed to fix it!  When we spend time with the Lord, He is faithful to show us exactly how we are poking holes in our buckets.
It could be in our deeds,  our motives or even in our words.  Malachi 3:8-10 tells us how that when we don't give our tithes, we are stealing from God.  But when we are faithful to bring our tithes and offerings; God says that,
“I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! NLT
Malachi 3: 16-18 NLT also reminds us to not speak against the Lord, that He has recorded all who honor Him and that He will remember them;
“On the day when I act in judgment, they will be my own special treasure. I will spare them as a father spares an obedient child. Then you will again see the difference between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.”
In every instance, all that was needed was to repent and obey.  What a blessing it is to know that it's not hard to fix the hole, you just have to FIX IT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment