Friday, March 10, 2017

Colorblind

I’m sure you’ve heard people say, “I’m colorblind, I don’t see color.“  Some have even gone as far to say that “God is colorblind.”  I admit, I used to be one of them, until one day, the Holy Spirit apprehended me and stated clearly, “I am NOT colorblind.”
“I created color and I created all of the different races in this world.  I see each one of them clearly and I rejoice over each one individually.”  In our attempts to not be labeled as a racist we state emphatically that we see and treat everyone the same.  
But the truth is, we are not all the same.  We are all unique and different and our differences are what make us special.  We all bring something different to the party of humanity.  Can you image attending a banquet and there were only platters and platters of the same food?  No variety, no differences.  How boring would that be? Admit it, even if it’s your favorite food, eventually you would want to try something different. 

Different is good.  However, some us go the opposite direction and fall into the trap of magnifying our differences rather than magnifying God.  When we magnify our differences they become larger than they are and they become so exaggerated that they eventually grow into a mountain between us that we cannot see our way around.  We become divided against one another.  However, if we do as we are instructed and magnify the Creator, instead of the Creation then we would become United under that common purpose.

Jesus clearly tells us that a nation or house divided will not stand, although he was making this statement to defend himself against the allegations that he was “of the devil,” it still holds true.  Especially today.  The enemy of our soul is the author of division and strife so we need to be careful that we don’t become someone who allows themselves to be used to divide.  We should instead strive to be peace-makers because according to Matthew 5:9 VOICE blessed are the peacemakers -they will be called children of GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment