Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Perspective

The other day my husband and I were driving in our car and we kept hearing a rattling sound.
It was concerning, because our car was barely a year old. As we drove on, we tried to determine where the sound was coming from and became at odds with each other because I kept insisting it was on the right side of the vehicle; while my husband kept insisting it was coming from the left.
Finally, exasperated, my husband exclaimed, "this is driving me crazy; I'm just going to have to take the car in and have it looked at!"
I got quiet and then felt an urge to look up and suddenly had an "Ah-Ha!" moment. I reached up and opened the compartment above us and took out my pair of sunglasses and the rattling stopped.
We both looked at each other and then the sunglasses and promptly burst out laughing. We were grateful to no longer have all that noise and rueful that it took us so long to figure out such a simple problem.
As I pondered on this, I couldn't help but see the "deeper meaning" to this little episode.
You see, God showed me that my husband and I were actually both right since the rattle was between us. However, because we could only see it from our own perspective, we were not resolving the issue, we were only adding to the NOISE.
How many times do we allow the problems between us to create noise in our lives? And then we compound the problem by adding more noise just so we can be RIGHT. We refuse to see that we were only seeing things from our own perspective.
It is only when we take the heavenly perspective and see it from above, does the answer present itself and often, it's only a simple adjustment needed to quiet the noise.
1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love [for others growing out of God’s love for me], then I have become only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal [just an annoying distraction].

No comments:

Post a Comment