Thursday, October 30, 2014

BEST. SWEETEST DAY. EVER!

If you live in Ohio like I do, then you may be know that the third Saturday of October, is Sweetest Day!  It wasn't until my 20's, after moving out of state, that I discovered this day was not universally celebrated.

Nevertheless, as long as I could remember, I had hoped for a Sweetie to celebrate with on this day. However, year after year I found myself alone. 
I'm happy to say that this Sweetest Day, my Beloved and I celebrated 6 years of wedded bliss. Thank you Lord!

When I first surrendered my heart to Jesus, I learned that I could begin praying for my husband before I even knew his name. So I did.  I was very specific in my prayers of what kind of man I was believing for and year after year I was hopeful that I would finally be introduced to the one my soul loves.  
Well, it only took 15 years of believing, trusting, and praying and at the age of 37, I met my Beloved.


We were introduced at a volunteer meeting for the outreach program at our church and within 2 weeks we had our first date!
It was on Good Friday and what a date it was!  It was a marathon date that lasted 9 hours. We could have continued talking until dawn but said our farewells.  He couldn't wait to see me again the next night!
On Saturday night, he told me to "not be freaked out, but he was falling for me."  To be honest, I had complete peace.
 We sat together for Easter services and in between the 2 services, he asked me to go out to his car because he has a surprise for me...it was TULIPS!

Before our 1st date, I asked Daddy God for a sign of His blessing and I specifically requested tulips.  

I found out later, my Beloved woke up at 4:30am Easter Morning and had to go to the store to buy me tulips! 
Driving to visit my family that day,I wept as Daddy God whispered to my heart, "it is no accident that today is the day I chose to resurrect your dreams of being a wife."
A week later we were engaged.  We began discussing when we should get married and I mentioned that I always wanted either a May or October wedding.  Well, May was a bit too soon, so we were looking towards October.  I mentioned Sweetest Day and my Beloved gave me a look that said, "ugh, not that day!"  
I quickly shook off my hopes for a Sweetest Day wedding and we choose a different weekend in October.


A month or so later, my mom mentioned that we needed to start looking for reception halls if we were intent on getting married in October.  On a whim, she called the place where she and my Dad were to celebrate their 25th Wedding Anniversary in September.  The lady told her that they were all booked up, but they already had my mom penciled in for October 18th!
She told the woman that can't be because her Anniversary was in late September.  She would have never selected the middle of October for a date.  The lady assured her that she was penciled in for September 21st AND October 18th.  Unbeknownst to my mom she had booked our reception hall the previous year! My mom hung up the phone and called my sister.  
She told her what had happened and before she gave her the date, my sister interrupted her and said, "is it October 18th?"  My mom gasped and said, "Yes."  My sister went on to explain that the day after she met my Beloved for the first time she had a dream about our wedding and it was so vivid that she came downstairs and circled the date on the calendar!
Now, you may call that a coincidence, but there are so many stories of my Daddy God's faithfulness that there left NO DOUBT to any of us that this was exactly as He had planned.
And, yes, you guessed it, October 18th just so happened to be Sweetest Day! 

I would get to celebrate my very First Sweetest Day with the one my heart loves.  Oh, how our Daddy God blesses us down to the last detail!
I want to encourage anyone who is still waiting on the one their soul loves that they should have hope in the one who promised to give us the desires of our heart.  He is faithful to bring it to pass.
I am my Beloved's and my Beloved is Mine. 
Song of Solomon 6:3

No comments:

Post a Comment