Sunday, April 27, 2014

Come Into My Shelter

A few years ago, a woman, whose ministry I greatly admire, posted that it is easier to build a shelter BEFORE the storm than during one.
This statement led me to begin creating a Prayer Shelter for my household.  I went through the Word and gathered scriptures that I can easily incorporate into my prayer time or share in a time of need.
I don't know about you, but there have been times when I have had someone call me for prayer and I feel led to quote them a scripture, but I just can't recall where I have seen it.  I turn to my shelter and there it is!  A very present help in a time of need.
Over the next few days, I thought I'd share some of these with you, beginning with Blessed and Blessings. 
Blessed/Blessing:
I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others. Genesis 12:2
May God pass on to you and your descendants the blessings he promised to Abraham. May you own this land where you are now living as a foreigner, for God gave this land to Abraham.” Genesis 28:4
May the God of your father help you; may the Almighty bless you with the blessings of the heavens above, and blessings of the watery depths below, and blessings of the breasts and womb. Genesis 49:25
[ The Blessings of Obedience ] “Therefore, be careful to obey every command I am giving you today, so you may have strength to go in and take over the land you are about to enter. Deuteronomy 11:8
“Look, today I am giving you the choice between a blessing and a curse! Deuteronomy 11:26
You will receive this blessing if you are careful to obey all the commands of the LORD your God that I am giving you today. Deuteronomy 15:5
[ Blessings for Obedience ] “If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully keep all his commands that I am giving you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the world. Deuteronomy 21:8
You will experience all these blessings if you obey the LORD your God: Deuteronomy 28:2
“The LORD will guarantee a blessing on everything you do and will fill your storehouses with grain. The LORD your God will bless you in the land he is giving you. Deuteronomy 28:8
“The LORD will give you prosperity in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you, blessing you with many children, numerous livestock, and abundant crops. Deuteronomy 28:11
For I am planting seeds of peace and prosperity among you. The grapevines will be heavy with fruit. The earth will produce its crops, and the heavens will release the dew. Once more I will cause the remnant in Judah and Israel to inherit these blessings. Zechariah 8:12
Come back to the place of safety, all you prisoners who still have hope! I promise this very day that I will repay two blessings for each of your troubles. Zechariah 9:12
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! Malachi 3:10
What blessings await you when people hate you and exclude you and mock you and curse you as evil because you follow the Son of Man. Luke 6:22
From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another. John 1:16
The apostles testified powerfully to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and God’s great blessing was upon them all. Acts 4:33
When he arrived and saw this evidence of God’s blessing, he was filled with joy, and he encouraged the believers to stay true to the Lord. Acts 11:23
But some of these branches from Abraham’s tree—some of the people of Israel—have been broken off. And you Gentiles, who were branches from a wild olive tree, have been grafted in. So now you also receive the blessing God has promised Abraham and his children, sharing in the rich nourishment from the root of God’s special olive tree. Romans 11:17
I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings. 1 Corinthians 9:23
So all who put their faith in Christ share the same blessing Abraham received because of his faith. Galatians 3:9
Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith. Galatians 3:14
So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9
[ Spiritual Blessings ] All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Ephesians 1:3
And this is God’s plan: Both Gentiles and Jews who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God’s children. Both are part of the same body, and both enjoy the promise of blessings because they belong to Christ Jesus. Ephesians 3:6
But Melchizedek, who was not a descendant of Levi, collected a tenth from Abraham. And Melchizedek placed a blessing upon Abraham, the one who had already received the promises of God. Hebrews 7:6
And without question, the person who has the power to give a blessing is greater than the one who is blessed. Hebrews 7:7
Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it. 1 Peter 3:9
And he also said, “It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life. All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children. “But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars—their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” Revelations 21:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment