Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Refuge

In light of the storms that ravaged the Midwest, I thought I'd share some of Our Shelter regarding Refuge.
I just received word from a friend of mine who was 2 miles away from the destruction in Vilonia...she shared that some of her close friends were spared but their neighbor lost everything. When they began to help them salvage through the wreckage, the first thing they found was the Family Bible, and it was completely unscathed, not even a speck of dirt on it.   Upon finding it, the woman to whom it belonged, quoted Ps 119:105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.
Wow, what a testimony of faith in the midst of the storm. When you build upon the rock, you will not be shaken! Please consider donating to a ministry that is going in to assist those affected by this storm here are some links: Hand of Hope; Samaritan's Purse; KCM Relief Fund

Refuge: noun 1. shelter or protection from danger, trouble, etc.: to take refuge from a storm. 2. a place of shelter, protection, or safety. 3. anything to which one has recourse for aid, relief, or escape. dictionary.com
My God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.  2 Samuel 22:3 Submit to God’s royal son, or he will become angry, and you will be destroyed in the midst of all your activities— for his anger flares up in an instant. But what joy for all who take refuge in him!  Psalm 2:12 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy. Psalm 5:11 The LORD is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 9:9 [ Psalm 16 ] A psalm of David. Keep me safe, O God, for I have come to you for refuge. Psalm 16:1 Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways. By your mighty power you rescue those who seek refuge from their enemies.  Psalm 17:7 Protect me! Rescue my life from them! Do not let me be disgraced, for in you I take refuge. Psalm 25:20 Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!  Psalm 34:8 But the LORD will redeem those who serve him. No one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.  Psalm 34:22 [ Psalm 46 ] For the choir director: A song of the descendants of Korah, to be sung by soprano voices. God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.  Psalm 46:1 But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress.  Psalm 59:16 O my Strength, to you I sing praises, for you, O God, are my refuge, the God who shows me unfailing love. Psalm 59:17 For you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.  Psalm 61:3 My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.  Psalm 62:7 O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. Interlude Psalm 62:8 This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.  Psalm 91:2 If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. Psalm 91:9-10 It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in people. Psalm 118:8 You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope. Psalm 119:14 Then I pray to you, O LORD. I say, “You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life. Psalm 142:5
He is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my rescuer. He is my shield, and I take refuge in him. He makes the nations submit to me.  Psalm 144:2
Those who fear the LORD are secure; he will be a refuge for their children.  Proverbs 14:26
But you are a tower of refuge to the poor, O LORD, a tower of refuge to the needy in distress. You are a refuge from the storm and a shelter from the heat. For the oppressive acts of ruthless people are like a storm beating against a wall Isaiah 25:4
Look, a righteous king is coming! And honest princes will rule under him.Each one will be like a shelter from the wind and a refuge from the storm, like streams of water in the desert and the shadow of a great rock in a parched land.  Then everyone who has eyes will be able to see the truth, and everyone who has ears will be able to hear it. Isaiah 32:1-3 
[ Jeremiah’s Prayer of Confidence ] LORD, you are my strength and fortress, my refuge in the day of trouble! Nations from around the world will come to you and say, “Our ancestors left us a foolish heritage, for they worshiped worthless idols. Jeremiah 16:19
The LORD’s voice will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem, and the heavens and the earth will shake. But the LORD will be a refuge for his people, a strong fortress for the people of Israel. Joel 3:16
“But Jerusalem will become a refuge for those who escape; it will be a holy place. And the people of Israel will come back to reclaim their inheritance. Obadiah 1:17
The LORD is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him. Nahum 1:7
So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. Hebrew 6:18
all scripture is from the New Living Translation, unless otherwise noted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment